Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dudeman Sinks the Bismark!!

Went for a 7.1 mile run at lunch today. I spent the morning hobbling around, still sore from Sunday, and was trying to talk myself out of going. Then I got a text from my good buddy Justin 'The Dudeman' Gillen asking if I was going for a run at lunch. Obviously I had to go. Justin recently ran the Santa Barbara Marathon in a near super sonic three hours and change. Damn close to a seven min pace. If he wasn't such a nice guy I would have been intimidated by running with a living, breathing rocket ship. Luckily he was really nice about slowing down to my pace and I did my best to speed up (mostly to impress him). It worked out really well! We did the run in a record 54.8 min. That is a 7.7 min pace! Take that 8 min barrier; who's your daddy now!

1 comment:

  1. Dang dude, thanks for all the props! Piece a pie, wudn't?

    ReplyDelete